Built in 1913 for the Milwaukee Gas Light Company, 600 EAST Wisconsin was renovated by its current owner, Dan Nelson, Jr., to serve as headquarters for marketing agency Nelson Schmidt Inc. on the second and third floors (2006) and to reintroduce retail at street level to the east end of Wisconsin Avenue with the 600 EAST Café & Business Center (2014).